Thursday, April 17, 2014

BIBLE STUDY WEEK # 9 (I CHOOSE TEMPERANCE)

I choose self-control.............


Extra: Temperance

I choose Longsuffering. . . I am a spiritual being. . .After this body is dead, my spirit will soar. I refuse to let what will not, rule the eternal. I choose self-control. I will be drunk only by joy. I will be impassioned only by my faith. I will be influenced only by God. I will be taught only by Christ. I choose self-control.


Love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, temperance. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek his grace. And then, when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest.

Read: Galatians 5:22-25

22 By contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against such things. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live by the Spirit, let us also be guided by the Spirit. (NRSV)



This weeks scripture is coming from the New Revised Standard Version.    

No comments:

Casting All Your Care Upon Him

Casting All Your Care Upon Him
1 Peter 5:7

Blog Archive