Wednesday, April 16, 2014

BIBLE STUDY WEEK # 9 (ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS)

 
Reflection Questions: Self-control

1.  Are you able to conflict with your own desires, or do you find yourself always agreeing with yourself?

 

I must say I do find myself agreeing with my flesh at times, and then I feel condemn. This is when I ask God to forgive me.

 

2.  Do you consider the opinions of others in addition to your own judgments, or are you absolutely unified in your own views?

 

I like hearing others' view point, and opinions, it helped me to grow in the Lord! I am open to others' opinion until God say different.

 

3.  Are you able to say 'no' to yourself? Are you able to say 'no' to others?

 

I am working on saying no to myself when it comes to shopping when I shouldn't; and other things too. God has delivered me from not being able to say no to others. I was a people pleaser!

 

4.   Do you find yourself able to keep to your plans and decisions, or do accidents and chance form the norms of your decision-making? 

 

I have learned to trust God enough to ask Him if this is His will for me. I have made too many mistakes in my own planning; decision making is important to me to let Him led me.

 

5.   Is intentionality and purposefulness something you are actively pursuing in your life?

 

Let me just say, I am pursuing it every day.  I try to have clear aim; and plan ahead of time most of the time in small things, but big decisions I let God led me. When I do that I do avoid some unwanted problems.  I must say, I do need help in self-control in some areas.




No comments:

Casting All Your Care Upon Him

Casting All Your Care Upon Him
1 Peter 5:7

Blog Archive