Tuesday, July 21, 2015

BIBLE STUDY "SPEAK TO THE MOUNTAIN" WEEK # 7 (CONCLUSION)

Words of Encouragement:     


Prayer, Believe, and Speak:


Now we have enough information to make a reasonable assessment of Jesus' teaching on prayer in verse twenty-four. First of all, when we pray to God we must believe in Him to do what we ask assuming that our prayers are in line with His will and that there are no objections from Him. In other words, we must exercise faith in God when we pray to God, which is what Jesus said in verse twenty-two of Mark 11. There are numerous times in the Bible where the faith in God of the individual was crucial to the desired outcome.


There is incredible power released by God when we speak to our mountains. A mountain is a situation in your life that seems permanent and impossible. It may be a mountain in your marriage; you don't see how you'll stay together. A mountain in your finances; it doesn't look like you'll ever get out of debt or ever accomplish your dreams. Maybe it's a mountain in your health. The experts have said that you're never going to get well. It's good to pray. It's good to believe. It's good to quote scriptures. But the mountains move when we speak to them in Jesus' powerful name. Learn to say each day, "I speak favor over my finances. I speak health to my body. I speak peace into my family. I speak blessings into my future." Daily I speak this "I am blessed, healed, and highly favored by God."  Every morning I speak this over my life.

Does this teaching apply to us today since Jesus was talking to his disciples? Yes, I believe it does. Consider what Jesus told his disciples before his ascension.


Matthew 28:19 (KJV) "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:


This implies that Jesus' teaching on prayer and believing you receive applies to us because the disciples were to teach all people its truths. We therefore can learn about the operation of prayer and the operation of belief and faith in prayer and the things that we say. 


Notice: the things that we say. Real confession is simply to say what God has said. Speak to your mountain.

No comments:

Casting All Your Care Upon Him

Casting All Your Care Upon Him
1 Peter 5:7

Blog Archive