Saturday, March 22, 2014

BIBLE STUDY WEEK # 5 (I CHOOSE GENTLENESS)

Extra: Gentleness

I choose gentleness. . .Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle. If I raise my voice may it be only to praise. If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer. If I make a demand, may it be only of myself.

 

Remember we are reading different versions of Galatians 5:22-25

 

Read: Galatians 5:22-25

22 But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness, 23 Gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [that can bring a charge]. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus (the Messiah) have crucified the flesh (the godless human nature) with its passions and appetites and desires. 25 If we live by the [Holy] Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. [If by the Holy Spirit we have our life in God, let us go forward walking in line, our conduct controlled by the Spirit.]  (AMP)




 


No comments:

Casting All Your Care Upon Him

Casting All Your Care Upon Him
1 Peter 5:7

Blog Archive