Thursday, November 5, 2015

BIBLE STUDY: WALKING IN THE SPIRIT: QUESTIONS

Answers 

 

1).        What is warring in the Spirit?

It is a battle that take place in the spiritual-realm and not the natural-realm. It is a supernatural war within the flesh and the enemy against the Spirit.  It is what Paul talks about in 2 Corinthians 10:4.  It is a hostile encounter between the spirit and flesh or between God and Satan.  A war you cannot see.

           

2).        How do we take every thought captive and make it obey Christ?

We must discipline ourselves to obey Christ in every area of our being. We take that thought and make it obey the Word of God. We must dedicate ourselves to thinking and meditating on whatever is true and honorable and just and pure and lovely and commendable and excellent and worthy of praise (Phil. 4:8) and entrust ourselves to the power of the Spirit who can overcome the influence of every negative and destructive thought.

 

3).        Where do the ability to set one's mind on things above come from? 

The ability to set one's mind on things above comes from a heart that "is fixed," or steadfast, on God, as David's was. "My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise" (Psalm 57:7). David also said, "I have set the Lord always before me" (Psalm 16:8). The word "set" means to put someone in a particular place. To set the mind means to cause it to pass into a given state or condition and remain there.

 

4).        What Scripture tells us to have the mind of Christ?

Philippians 2:5 (KJV) "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus."

 

5).        How can we know if our minds are set?

I believe we know our mind is set when we desire God more than this world, desire heavenly things more than earthly things. Also, when we find ourselves singing and making melody unto God, and when we don't allow our feelings to control our thoughts.

 

6).        How do we gain a quiet gentle spirit within us?       

A gentle quietness is in our spirits as we rest continually in Christ. I gain that quiet spirit when I do "My Daily Quiet Time with God" every morning. I draw strength from this. My heart is renewed, and my mind is set on God and His glory. The Word changes us!

 

7).        What are wise thoughts?

Philippians 4:8 ". . . whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

 

8).        What is a spiritual mind?

Having the mind set on spiritual things, or filled with holy desires and affections are a spiritual mind. The very mind of Christ is a spiritual mind.

 

9).        What led us the wrong way?

Our flesh, the enemy, and evil thoughts led us the wrong way every time. It's good to practice thinking on good things as in Philippians 4:8.

 

10).      What are evil thoughts?

Matthew 15:19 "For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: An evil thought is anything that is against Gods' righteousness, and His nature.

 

11).      Explain your personal spiritual warfare.

Just as the Word says, I wrestle not against flesh and blood, (Ephesians 6:12); it seem the more I read, study, and pray to God with a sincere heart, the more the enemy comes against me. My battle is not to give in to this because the Word has warned me of this, therefore I stand on God's Word that no weapon that is formed against me shall prosper, (Isaiah 54:17);  At times! My flesh war against my doing what God has called me to do. Each and every day there is a war going on in my members, but I know in my knowner that I can do all things through Christ, (Philippians 4:13). There are times when I know I must read more, but I don't; there are times when I know I should pray more, but I don't.  There is a war in my members and I know this! But God! God has given me a spirit to stand strong in Him, and in His might, not mine.  That is my help!

 

12).      Explain the new/old life.

Paul presents a series of contrasts between flesh and Spirit. His overall intention is clear: to show that [flesh] brings death while the Spirit brings life (Rom. 8:6)." So, Paul's contrast between the old and new pattern of life, between life in the flesh and that in the Spirit in Romans 7:6 is now more fully examined and explained. Paul discusses two mind-sets: (1) one under the influence of the sinful nature (unbelievers), and (2) the other under the influence of Christ through the Spirit (believers). 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." The flesh is the old life, and the renewed spirit is the new life.

 

13).      Describe the spiritual armor of God.

The spiritual armor is found in Ephesians 6:13-18, ". . . having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints."

 

14).      Why should we put on the whole/full armor of God?

We put the whole spiritual armor on so we can stand against the devil's schemes.   

           

15).      What is our offensive weapon?

Our offensive weapon is the Word of God, not our own opinions and feelings. And we are to pray in the power and will of the Holy Spirit.

16).      How did Jesus handled direct attacks from Satan?

Matthew 4:1-11 tells us that Jesus spoke the Word of God to Satan, because we are no match for Satan, and the Word is powerful and shaper than any two-edge sword to it gets the job done by God's Spirit.

 

17).      What are the keys to success in spiritual warfare?

We rely on God's power, not our own. We put on the whole armor of God. We draw on the power of Scripture—the Word of God is the Spirit's sword. We pray in perseverance and holiness, making our appeal to God. We stand firm (Ephesians 6:13–14); we submit to God; we resist the devil's work (James 4: 7), knowing that the Lord of hosts is our protector. And, we must remember we wrestler not against flesh and blood, but we walk in the Spirit.

                       

18).      You are not called to fight, you are called to stand, Explain.

In our standing we must read, study, pray, and meditate on God's Word; use God's Word to fight the enemy as we put our trust in God. Jesus did.

 

19).      What do each of these prayer types mean to you?

Adoration, Praise, Thanksgiving and Worship: This mean I should give God honor due to His Name. When I praise God, I experience peace in my mind, soul, and my spirit.

Confession and Repentance: When I confess I experience a closeness to God

Petition/Supplication: I am so happy that I can bring my prayer requests to Him and I give Him glory and praises.

Intercession/Warfare: This means I am not selfish, and I am honoring God's Word

Meditative Listening: I love it when I know I hear from God.

           

20).      Which type is the most important in developing a powerful prayer life?

To me, all of them are powerful and needed.

 

21).      Why would we consistently need to practice all five different prayer types in order to have a balanced prayer life?

This is needed so our relationship with God want be limited, and it is very difficult to walk

in the Spirit without these prayer types.

 

22).      What are the five basic types of prayer?

The five basic types of prayer are adoration, confession, petition, intercession, and meditation.

 

23).        What have you learn from reading (Romans 8-15)?

There is so much to say about the book of Romans, so much. It encourages us to live a Christian life, and remind us of our Christian duties. It reminds us to surrender our life to the Lord Jesus Christ. We must love one another because it is the fulfilling of the law. Romans 1:16 remind me that I am not to be ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and that my life has been justified by faith. I have always enjoyed this book! It deals with how human nature is always finding fault in other. I made special notes on Romans 8:1; 28; 38-39, Romans 10:1; 8-10,  Romans 12:1-2, Romans 13:1,  Romans 14:17, Romans 15:1. We are all sinners and accountable for our sin, and we must come to God with a repented heart through Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Casting All Your Care Upon Him

Casting All Your Care Upon Him
1 Peter 5:7

Blog Archive