Sunday, February 15, 2015

BIBLE STUDY WEEK # 1 (PERSONAL SHARING)

What do "The Lord is my Shepherd" means to me?

 


After my research and studying of this verse, I can honestly say, the Lord is my Shepherd! Not just because of the study. I have experienced tremendous peace in reading this verse over and over again in my spirit.  The Lord is my Shepherd must be personal. It is a personal relationship with God, His Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit too.  It says, the Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want, amen.  I say, the LORD Is My Shepherd, I shall not want!!  I can actually read that different now.  I mean with emphases on (MY), with deep awe, with passion, with love, and security in my spirit. It's in my spirit now! I experience so much peace now when I quote that verse.  The Word of God is quick and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword.  Glory to God!  I trust God with my life because He has been with me through many, many, many heartaches, hurts, and painful situations.  My heart is at peace now that the LORD is my Shepherd.  God is Jehovah Rohi.   That name means He will protect me. Our word for the week tells us that God is our Protector, and I have known Him as my protector on many occasions.  I like the word bodyguard.  Body means the whole, guard means protection. God will protect our entire life for His glory.  I made a mess out of my life, but God was with me even when I didn't know it and now I can look back and see Him protecting me from hurt, harm, and painful things I know I could not have did myself. On one occasion, God protected me from being rapped while pregnant as I run through a dark wooded area out in the country, where snakes are, very dark too.  I had to lay down and hide in those dark woods until he was gone, I cried to God. I was young, disobedient, and afraid.  I went with a friend and her boyfriend to a party and his friend thought he was going to rap me while I was pregnant, can you imagine that!  That was before I gave my life to God.  God has protected me on many occasions. I am so grateful.  Even in my disobedient God was with me, and I know this now. I am not saying that we can be disobedient and expect God to honor our wrong doing, no.  I didn't know God at this time, but God knew me. God is Jehovah-Rohi in my life today. The LORD Is My Shepherd, I shall not want!!

 
 

No comments:

Casting All Your Care Upon Him

Casting All Your Care Upon Him
1 Peter 5:7

Blog Archive