Saturday, June 13, 2015

BIBLE STUDY "SPEAK TO THE MOUNTAIN" WEEK # 2 (6/13/15)

"Speak To the Mountain" Mark 11:23

 

Prayer:

Father God, You are a faith God, and we desire to walk by faith and not by sight. In this lesson please give us the knowledge we need, understanding of that knowledge, and the wisdom to use that knowledge. Thank You for Your Word, we live by our faith in You, Lord Jesus Christ.  Thank You, Lord, for Your teaching, for instructing the disciples, and leaving it on record for us to live by. Your Word have I hid in my heart that I may not sin against You, and that I may study to show myself approval unto.   You Word says, "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (2 Timothy 3:16). In Jesus' name we speak to the mountain (whatsoever) right now, and say you must leave now. Help us, Lord, to stand on Your Word when we speak to these mountains, so that it bring glory to Your name. Amen.

 

Bible Reading:

 

Scripture: Mark 11:23-24    Living Bible (TLB)

22-23 In reply Jesus said to the disciples, "If you only have faith in God—this is the absolute truth—you can say to this Mount of Olives, 'Rise up and fall into the Mediterranean,' and your command will be obeyed. All that's required is that you really believe and have no doubt! 24 Listen to me! You can pray for anything, and if you believe, you have it; it's yours!

 

Subject:           Authority and the Whosoever Clause

           

Let's Study…………..

Great faith in God is demonstrated by understanding the relationship between the spoken word and authority. The Roman centurion demonstrated understanding of this principle by saying to Jesus; "I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me. I say to this man, Go, and he goes; and to another, Come, and he comes; and to my servant, Do this, and he does it" [Matthew 8:9]. The centurion then said, "but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed" [Luke 7:7].

Jesus was amazed at the centurion's grasp of the concept of authority in relationship to the Law of Faith [Romans 3:27]. The centurion only needed Jesus' word to receive healing for his servant. Many Christians do not understand their God given authority through Jesus Christ. The scripture says that Jesus was amazed, astonished, or marveled. Look at Jesus' response to the Roman Centurion's statement, "Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel" [Matthew 8:10, Luke 7:7].

Authority is exhibited by speaking. You speak to persons or things that you have authority over. You don't ask or plead; you direct and require. You exhibit faith when you speak to things instead of asking God to speak for you. When you speak instead of asking, you demonstrate an understanding of God's Word. You can't walk with God unless you agree with His Word [Amos 3:3]. Faith involves you placing confidence in God's spoken word and responding to it. The God-like faith will demonstrate itself by speaking and trusting God's word [Faith of God]. You will show an understanding of God's divine order, will, and authority when you place trust in God's spoken word and respond.

 

Jesus gave the twelve authority to heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, and cast out devils [Matthew 10:1, 10:8, Matthew 16:18-19, Luke 9:1, Supernatural Acts of the Disciples]. Jesus gave the seventy authority in [Luke 10:1, 10:9, Luke 10:19]. Jesus has given you authority with the whosoever clause of Mark 11:23. Today, we already have Jesus' word on the matter of healing. Jesus says if you are a believer and not a doubter; if you believe that those things you say will be done; then he says you can have whatever you say. Why do so many people believe the "whosoever clause" of John 3:16, but not the "whosoever clause" of Mark 11:23?

 

You demonstrate faith when you speak according to God's Word, instead of:

 

Praying and asking God to speak for you.

Praying and asking God to send someone else to speak for you.

 

Many believers are still saying to God "I am not worthy to have you come into my home" [Matthew 8:8]. Jesus did not marvel at this statement. Jesus never said to the Centurion he wasn't worthy to have him come to his home. Jesus went to visit many people who were not thought well of in society, or had questionable character [Luke 19:7, Matthew 9:11, John 4:9]. In fact the statement of the Centurion is not biblically true. Believers in Christ Jesus have the "righteousness which is through the faith of Christ" [Philippians 3: ]. We have been justified through faith by our Lord Jesus Christ [Romans 5:1, Galatians 2:16, Romans 3:28, Galatians 3:24].

 

Speak God's Word:

 

This is not taking God's role as the Great Creator. We are His children and we should take after our Heavenly Father by speaking His Word over our life. God's Word was written with a purpose, and that purpose we are to live by. It gives us hope. It shows Christ divinity. It relates human experiences as a warning. It gives knowledge of eternal life, and life here on earth. Must of all it builds our faith when we speak it with the authority given to us by God. Read (John 20:31; Romans 15:4; I Corinthians 10:11; I John 5:13).  When we was born-again as believers, we were given this power, this authority to be free from all that the enemy has created on this earth, such as sickness, disease, poverty, both spiritual and natural, and the whatsoever that comes into our lives.  We pray God's Word, we should also speak God's Word so we can walk in His will. This is why it so important to plant God's Word in our spirit.  My daily devotional "365 Days of Healing" has given me the knowledge of the power of God's Word, and I will not give it up. God's Word says, "If ye abide in me, and my Words abide in you, ye shall ask (speak) what ye will, and it shall be done unto you" (John 15:7).  Now, that is powerful!! When I do my confession, "Father, I abide in You, and Your Words abide in me. I choose to believe Your Word, which (says) healing and health belong to me. I walk in divine health because Jesus took my sicknesses and carried my pains" (Isaiah 53:5), I believe this and I speak it out of my mouth daily. Listen to this, "For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, the just shall live by faith," (Romans 1:17). Amen. "For we walk by faith and not by sight," (2 Corinthians 5:7). God expects believers to believe, and use faith to initiate miracles. So don't sit back and wait! Go to God's Word and find out His will; then reach out by faith and speak that blessing into your life, your situation, your problem, your circumstance.  Be the whosoever and speak to the whatsoever in your life. I love this!  Speak God's Word over your life.

Scripture References: Matthew 16:19; 18:18; 21:21; Luke 7:7; 17:6; John 3:16; Philippians 3:9; Romans 5:1; Galatians 2:16.

 

Here are more references of "whosoever" scriptures given by Jesus Christ [Mark 11:23, John 3:15-16, John 4:14, John 11:26, John 12:46].

 

Application:

Start the Day with God:

 

This is the day the Lord has made, and I will rejoice and be glad in it. I start every day with God by speaking life, health, strength, and vitality into my body because I know God's healing power is at work within me. The nature and life of God are resident in my body, driving out all manner of sickness and disease. I am strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. I believe the word of God above anything that I think, feel, or see. His Word says that I have been redeemed from the curse of sickness. His Word says that by Jesus' stripes I am healed. My body is free from pain, sickness, and disease. It operates effectively and efficiently free from malfunction of any kind. Every part of my body is functioning properly. Every organ, gland, and system is operating in conjunction with each other in perfect harmony, which is exactly how God designed my body to work. My immune system is strong, vibrant, and healthy. Germs, bacteria, viruses, and parasites cannot exist in my body. If any sickness or disease makes any attempt to try and attack my body, then it is quickly destroyed by the power of God's Word working in me. I boldly declare that I am healed, healthy, and whole. (Psalm 118:24;  Isaiah 53:5; Ephesians 6:10; Galatians 3:13).

 

Application:

Speak to the Mountain: Week 2

 

Matthew 8:17 declares that Jesus Himself bore my sicknesses and diseases. And since He already bore them, I don't have to. He was made sick so that I might be made well. He was beaten and bruised for me. He was my substitute, and He became sick so I wouldn't have to. 

Isaiah 53:5 says by His stripes I was healed. That is past tense. If I was healed, then that means that healing is already mine today. All I have to do is receive it. Jesus already did it for me. It's already done. I don't have to get to my healing; it was a gift from my Lord and Savior. Jesus did it for me. He was bruised for my iniquities, the chastisement of my peace was on Him, and by His stripes I am healed. My healing was bought and paid for two thousand years ago. I am not sick and trying to get healed. I am already healed, and sickness is trying to take hold in my body. But I won't let it! I boldly proclaim that Jesus already did it! Therefore I am healed! Sickness has no right to stay in my body. I am healed, healthy, and whole in the mighty Name of Jesus. (Isaiah 53:4, 5; Psalm 103: 2-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21).

We can speak to every mountain in our life, whether its sickness, financial, relationships,  family problems, marriage problems, disobedient children, school problems, job related problems, or whatever that mountain is, you can speak to it in Jesus' name.

 

Application:

End the Day with God: Week # 2

 

The Spirit of the Lord is on me. He quickens me and gives me strength. In Him I find rest, comfort, and peace. Even in the midst of the storms of life. I am calm, cool, and collected because my mind is focused on Jesus. He keeps me in perfect peace. I have confidence in God's Word, and I trust Him to bring it to pass. I am assured that He will never leave me nor forsake me. I cast all my cares on Him; in obedience to God's Word, I choose not to worry or be anxious about anything. I will not allow myself to be fearful and troubled about any circumstance in my life. Health and healing are mine. Jesus paid the price for them and His Word says they're mine. I have released my faith, I have received my healing according to the promise of His Word, and now all that is left for me to do is rest in Him until the complete manifestation of healing comes to pass. My God has promised to give His beloved sweet sleep. Therefore, I receive a full night sleep every night, and I fully expect to wake up in the morning refreshed, revitalized, and raring to go. (Isaiah 26:3; Deuteronomy 4:31; Proverbs 3:24; Hebrews 13:5)

 

Discovery Week #2…….   Ezekiel spoke the Word

Ezekiel 37:7

So I prophesied as I had been commanded; and as I prophesied, suddenly there was a noise, a rattling, and the bones came together, bone to its bone.

 

Reflection Question: What did you learn from this week's study?

 

Questions:

1).        How is great faith demonstrated?

2).        What is authority?

3).        What did the centurion need to receive healing for his servant?

4).        How is authority exhibited?

5).        What does Amos 3:3 says?

6).        Faith involves what in this study?

7).        What is the "whosoever clause"?

8).        What shouldn't we de when we want to demonstrated faith?

9).        What gives us the authority to say to the mountain be removed?

10).      What is the "whatsoever clause"?

 

Weekly # 2 Reading:  Mark chapters 4-6

 

 

Ending Prayer:

Father God, grant me the knowledge I need to speak to the mountain, and with that knowledge understanding, so that I can use wisdom to move mountains out of my life. This knowledge that I have received now I give You praises. I desire to walk in victory just as Jesus did when He walked on this earth, amen.

 

 

No comments:

Casting All Your Care Upon Him

Casting All Your Care Upon Him
1 Peter 5:7

Blog Archive