Wednesday, May 20, 2015

BIBLE STUDY "PASSION WEEK" WEEK # 7 (ANSWERS)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1).        Have you put your life and, indeed, your life beyond this life, in God's hands?

Yes, I have!

 

2).        How do you experience God's salvation through Christ in your life today?

Wow! I experience more peace than I had before I meet the Lord.  When things come upon me to worry, I pray and I experience joy, and I know it comes from knowing God, my heart know this. I am not perfect, but I know that I am not what I use to be. I am a new creator in Christ Jesus.

 

3).        What do Psalm 31:5 says concerning Jesus was speaking to God?

"Into Your hand I commit my spirit; 'You have redeemed me,' O Lord God of truth."  Jesus said, "You, God, have redeemed Me."

 

4).        What did the centurion say about Jesus down at the cross? (Luke 23:47)

"So when the centurion saw what had happened, he glorified God, saying, "Certainly this was a righteous Man!" Some versions say, "Certainly this man was innocent!"

 

5).        What is this saying "Father, into Thy hands I commit my spirit!" consider to be?

His final word before his death on the cross was a prayer to His Father.

 

6).        Some versions says "commit" and some says "commend" what is the different?

I looked each one up and found some says…………………….

(NIV)……Commit

(KJV)……Commend

(NASB)….Commit

(NET)…..Commit

(NLT)…..Entrust

(RSV)…..Commit

(WEB)….Commit

(WYC)….Betake

(TLB)…..Commit

(LEB)…..Entrust

 

Commend:

1:  to entrust for care or preservation

2:  to recommend as worthy of confidence or notice

 

Entrust:

1. To give over (something) to another for care, protection, or performance: "He still has the aura of the priest to whom you would entrust your darkest secrets" (James Carroll).

2. To give as a trust to (someone): entrusted his aides with the task.

 

Betake:

To cause (oneself) to go or move.

 

Commit:

1: to put into charge or trust :  entrust

 

7).        What is this "spirit" Jesus was yielding back to God?

Paul said, "Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame as the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."  It is also said in Genesis, God breathe the breath of life into man (Genesis 2:7)therefore it is the spirit of life, which goes back to God because it belong to Him.

 

8).        What is man consisted of?

Man is a spirit that has a soul that lives in a body.

 

9).        Where do the "spirit of life" lives in man?

It lives in man's soul. The body cannot live without the spirit of life which lives in the soul.

 

10).      What is the meaning of praise?

1. To commend; to applaud; to express approbation of personal worth or actions.

2. To extol in words or song; to magnify; to glorify on account of perfections or excellent works.

Praise him, all his angels, praise ye him, all his hosts. (Psalm 148)

3. To express gratitude for personal favors.  (Psalm 138)

4. To do honor to; to display the excellence of.

All thy works shall praise thee, O Lord.  (Psalm 145)

 

11).      What example did Jesus leave concerning Himself?

To me, He left that His love was enduring. He was determent to please the Father. His love is everlasting when you look at the condition of man and the world, but He still came and died for the world, why? I shall never know on this earth. He was a sweet compassionate person, yet strong enough to accomplish what He did on the cross. He was the Son of God! My very life testify to that as being true.

 

No comments:

Casting All Your Care Upon Him

Casting All Your Care Upon Him
1 Peter 5:7

Blog Archive