Thursday, May 14, 2015

BIBLE STUDY "PASSION WEEK" WEEK # 6 (ANSWERS)

Questions:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1).        Do you live as if Jesus finished the work of salvation?

 

Yes, I do! I've been transformed by His Spirit and I truly believe in His Word, and His Word says that Jesus died on the Cross, and I believe it. I live a holy life unto the Lord, so I can be ready when He returns.

 

2).        Do you have confidence that God will finish that which he has begun in you?

 

Yes, I do!  The Word says, "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:6 NIV); Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

 

3).        Do you finish the task God gives to you?

 

I can remember struggling with finishing what I started, I had it so bad that I would even not finish the room I was cleaning in my house before I went to another room to start there, then I would go back and forth, it was bad!  I went to my pastor and had him to pray for me concerning this. That's how bad it was.  One day God's Holy Spirit talked me through finishing what I was doing, then said, now go. It worked! I still see it trying to come back, but I pray as soon as I see it; I would say, I am delivered, and I will finished this now in Jesus' name, amen.  And, I would start something just to make sure I finished it, especially a book. LOL

 

4).        What was completed or finished when Jesus said this? "It is finished"

 

These three words were packed with meaning, for what was finished here was not only Christ's earthly life, not only his suffering and dying, not only the payment for sin and the redemption of the world—but the very reason and purpose he came to earth was finished. His final act of obedience was complete. The Scriptures had been fulfilled.

           

5).        What did Jesus demonstrate at this point?

 

He demonstrated the fact that faith, hope and love cannot be destroyed by anything men can say or do.

                       

6).        What do the passion of Christ in the Gospel of John express?

 

The passion of Jesus in the Gospel of John expresses his Kingship and proves to be His triumphant road to glory, and His determination to complete what the Father willed Him to do for the entire world. He had a passion to finish because of His compassion for the world.

 

7).        When Jesus was pierced there came out blood and water, what do the Blood and Water mean?

 

He says, "This is He that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood" (1 John 5:6). And further, in (1 John 5:8) he speaks of the Spirit and the water and the blood as the three witnesses to the Son of God.  The Water and the Word are clearly connected in such a passage as "That He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the Word" (Ephesians 5:26).  The Word of God it is which brings home to our souls the death of Christ in its power and wealth of spiritual meaning. The Water of the Word cleanses our souls, and the blood brings forgiveness again in God's sight.  "Remember the Hebrews covered their doors with the blood of the goat." We are covered by the Blood of Jesus.  We see that just as actual water gives life physically and is integral to one's physical life, so spiritual water (the gift of Holy Spirit) gives life spiritually. How dependent we are upon not only the Blood, but the Water!  The blood of bulls and goats were a "reminder" of sin, "the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect" (1 Peter 1:19) paid in full the debt of sin we owe to God, and we need no further sacrifices for sin. Jesus said, "It is finished" as He was dying, and He meant just that—the entire work of redemption was completed forever, "having obtained eternal redemption" for us (Hebrews 9:12).

8).        In Greek, what do these words mean "It is finished"?

The Greek word translated "It is finished" is tetelestai, which means "paid in full"

 

9).        How was God's will for Jesus accomplished?

 

God's will for Jesus was accomplished in His perfect obedience to the Father (John 5:30; 6:38). Most importantly, the power of sin and Satan was finished.

 

10).      When Jesus completed this task, what did He say about Himself?

 

Good question!  I believe He spoke loud and clear saying "I always obey My Father." "I and My Father are one, just as My Father love Me, so do I love you."

 

 

No comments:

Casting All Your Care Upon Him

Casting All Your Care Upon Him
1 Peter 5:7

Blog Archive