Tuesday, June 17, 2014

BIBLE STUDY WEEK # 6 (ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS)

Questions:

 

1What is important about parables?

 

It is the lesson of a parable that is important to us. The story is not important in itself; it may or may not be true.

 

2What is the purpose of parables?

 

To know what is in the heart of a person, and to learn what God want us to learn in our daily lives.

 

3What prevented people from understanding and receiving Jesus' teaching?

 

The hardness of the heart, like pride, arrogance and prejudice prevent them from understanding and accepting Jesus.

 

4What lesson do you get out of the parable of the ten talents?

 

It is revealing the faithfulness of a person' heart, and the deception of an unfaithful person' heart. I believe it also represent taking a full part within the church and using our talent in fellowship as Hebrews 10:25 describes. Serve to create increase for others, and happiness is your reward.

 

5 .  What lesson do you get out of the parable of the sower?

 

This parable can teach us about ourselves. God will bless those people who trust him. We learn from this parable the same truths as we learn from the beatitudes. When we know that we need Jesus, we should trust him. When we really trust him, he will teach us. We will change, because Jesus will change us.

 

6.  Have God ever gave you a parable?

 

One day years ago I was studying to give a message at my church. The title was "The Small still Voice" I was so excited God gave me that message.  I was young at giving messages too. I studied weeks before, so I could really allow the Holy Spirit to give me a word of encouragement to the congregation. The Holy Spirit gave me this parable; well, to me, it was a parable!  I was trying to get the congregation to see that God speak to us through His Holy Spirit, and sometimes we don't know it.  I shared with them what I experienced in my meditation time. "There were this lady who lost her job, and she had three boys. One day she was looking for something to feed them, and said to herself, if I only had bread I could make them a sandwich. As she stood thinking, she heard in her spirit, "go to the door" but she ignored it. Went about doing her house work and she heard it again, "go to the door" but still ignored it. For the third time she heard this in her spirit, "go to the door." Then there were a knock at the door and she answered it and it was one of her neighbors, which was a friend of hers. Her friend asked her, did you get one?  She said, get what? Her friend said there is a man in a truck giving away loaves of bread for free. She looked outside and went to the truck and the man gave her a loaf of bread for free. She realized God had been speaking to her and she didn't even know it.  That may not be a parable, but the lesson she learned was that God do speak to her in her spirit through the Holy Spirit. Amen!


No comments:

Casting All Your Care Upon Him

Casting All Your Care Upon Him
1 Peter 5:7

Blog Archive