Monday, November 6, 2017

PRAYERS FROM THE BIBLE:

(1 Chronicles 4:10) Jabez:

 



When the author of Chronicles dutifully provides us with a list of Judah's descendants, he can't help but stop himself. Right in the midst of all these names, he comes to Jabez, a man he wants us to notice, a man of true honor. If you've ever felt like you've caused pain or if you've ever wanted to believe that God can do more than you can ask or imagine, this prayer is for you: "Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, 'Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.' And God granted his request."

 

Now, I love this prayer! Hidden in the book of Chronicles is a blessing to all who believe in the Word of God. I have studied a lesson on this topic, it was such a blessing to me. "The prayer of Jabez."

No comments:

Casting All Your Care Upon Him

Casting All Your Care Upon Him
1 Peter 5:7

Blog Archive