Thursday, May 26, 2016

Bible Study: "The School of Obedient"

Sharing Points: Week # 8

 

 
 

Week # 8        Obedient Question:               Read the account in (Mark 14:32-42, also Luke 22:39; John 18:1). Ask yourself, do you sleep when you should be praying?

 Answers:

I would be lying if I said, no.  I do sleep when I should be praying, that is why I knew in my spirit that I should do more studies on prayer. I need to get back to praying more, and pray when prompt by the Holy Spirit. Father God, forgive me and help me to pray more in Jesus' name, amen.

 

Week # 8        Application Question:           What did you learn in this lesson on obedient that you have applied to your life?

 

Answers:

Very good question!  Yes, I have learned a lot in this lesson on obedient; on my job sometimes it get rough to obey, or should I say, give up to the Holy Spirit even when it don't seem right to me. I know God will intervene, but He also want me to experience giving up to His will, purpose, and play at that moment.  The flesh do not want to give up! Jesus gave up! We must mortify the flesh and live unto God through the Holy Spirit. Obedient don't mean letting me use you or give into want they want for you to do. That is not obedience in the Bible!  Jesus did not obey the church leaders during His time here on earth just because they were leaders, but it obeyed God because of who God was in His life. AMEN!           We learn to obey God through leaders, AMEN! And when we do that, then God will honor it and lead us in the path of righteousness.

 

Week # 8        Bottom of FormBottom of FormObedience Bible Quiz:           True or False

1. It is good practice to associate with the disobedient to win them.

2. We will obey sin if we allow it to remain in our life.

3. Submitting to our inner strength is the first step in resisting Satan.

4. Through Adam's disobedience we were all made sinners.

 

Answers:

1. It is good practice to associate with the disobedient to win them. False (2 Thessalonians 3:14)

2. We will obey sin if we allow it to remain in our life. True (Romans 6:12)

3. Submitting to our inner strength is the first step in resisting Satan. False (James 4:7)

4. Through Adam's disobedience we were all made sinners. True (Romans 5:19)

 

Memory Verse: Luke 2:44-51

"But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day's journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.

45 And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him.

46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.

47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.

49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.51 And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart."

 

Reading Assignments:           Ephesian 2-Philippians 4


I am reading my last week reading assignment now!

No comments:

Casting All Your Care Upon Him

Casting All Your Care Upon Him
1 Peter 5:7

Blog Archive