Wednesday, March 4, 2015

BIBLE STUDY PSALM 23 WEEK # 3 (VERSIONS)

Different Version: (NIV) New International Version:

A psalm of David:

 " The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths
 for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil,
 for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me
 in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the
Lord forever.”

This week’s scripture version is the New International Version ““He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.”

I read all three versions and they were very encouraging to my spirit.  When you study God’s Word, it is good to examine everything, even the version you are reading.  My version, as I said earlier, is the King James Version. I understand most of it, but seek to know what words we do not speak now, and what they means concerning that verse. He refreshes my soul means He restore my soul.  He guides me that means He lead me along the right paths.  Have you ever felt you were going in the wrong direction?  Yes, I have too!  One time I was in a city that had many one way street, and man that was a scary sight when I went down that road and saw all those cars coming towards me.  God lead us in the right path every day for His purpose for our life. We may get detour, but He always get us back on the main highway to Heaven, amen.  This version helped this week’s search a lot. 

 
Week’s  Version:

(Week #1)        King James Version

(Week #2)        New American Standard Bible

(Week #3)        New International Version

I always study from the King James Version, but I enjoy cross references in other versions too.

No comments:

Casting All Your Care Upon Him

Casting All Your Care Upon Him
1 Peter 5:7

Blog Archive