Thursday, December 27, 2018

WHAT DID YOU GET OUT OF THIS LESSON?


This lesson gave me strength and I am an overcomer because of Jesus Christ our Lord. Isaiah 41:10 says, "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." I must suit up each and every day with the armor of God, but first I must know how to do that, and who I am in the Lord, then I can know that the battle is not mine, but the Lord. I must stand strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. This is the whole armor of the Believer, and the enemy will plan on our weakness; he uses fatigue, persecution to get us down where we can not fight God tell us to leave battle to Him. We must claim the strength God has promised us. We can overcome anything in the strength of the Lord.

On December 17 I posted a devotional that tells us about our spiritual warfare in the mind, we must believe God's Word with our heart, and act upon it too! This is our victory every time. The Word says, "the just shall live by his faith." (Habakkuk 2:4).

Believe God with Your Heart:

Let these sayings sink down into your ears. —Luke 9:44

In today's civilized societies, we've spent a great deal of time educating our minds far beyond our spirits. So when we start reading the Bible, our minds often say, "I've got this already. I don't need to study anymore." Unfortunately, that usually means we've grabbed hold of the Word with our minds and not with our hearts.

The only way to believe God's Word with the heart is to spend time feeding on it. You have to get the Word rooted deep in your heart so that its truth becomes more real than the doubts in your mind.

A lot of people just mentally assent to the Word. In other words, they agree with Scripture in their heads. But you cannot have faith or believe God until the Word is planted in your heart.

You see, you cannot believe God with you mind. And you certainly can't believe God with your body. God is a Spirit, and you must believe him with your spirit or with your heart. When God's Word takes root in your heart, you can be strong and believe it even in the face of big obstacles. Some of the greatest faith victories come when you are believing God with your heart while doubts are firing at your mind and symptoms are firing at your body like machine-gun bullets.

Plant God's Word in your heart, believe it, act upon it, and win your victory today.

Confession: I need the Word of God It's life to me and medicine to my flesh. God's Word was sent to heal me, so I plant it in my heart and let it grow there I believe and act upon it, and it works in my life!

No comments:

Casting All Your Care Upon Him

Casting All Your Care Upon Him
1 Peter 5:7

Blog Archive