Friday, September 29, 2017

Answers to Questions


 

1).     Incense is often associated with what in the Bible?

A fragrant composition prepared by the "art of the apothecary." It consisted of four ingredients "beaten small" (Exodus 30:34-36). "That which was not thus prepared was called "strange incense" (30:9). It was offered along with every meat-offering; and besides was daily offered on the golden altar in the holy place, and on the great day of atonement was burnt by the high priest in the holy of holies ( Exodus 30:7 Exodus 30:8). It was the symbol of prayer (Psalms 141:1 Psalms 141:2 ; Revelation 5:8 ; Revelation 8:3 Revelation 8:4).

2).     What do this verse means to you? (Psalm 5:3)

"My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up." I believe it mean I will seek You, Lord, early in the morning

3).     How often should we approach God's presence?

As often as we can and desire; Daniel prayed three times a day, and he might as did some of it while he was working; praying to God is talking to Him daily, but coming into His presence is when we give up everything and just dwell in His presence.

4).     Describe the word "order" in the Bible.

It is a means by which God initiates and establishes His purposes in the earth.  Most notably we see it in His creation of day and night, seed time and harvest, and His institution through the Sinai covenant of the tabernacle, system of sacrifices and prescribed approach of the High Priest into the Holy of Holies.

5).     Given the thoughtful and logical way in which things can be ordered, what then does it mean to order one's prayer life? 

According to what I have studied, I also believe that we must order our

prayers to God in a way that keeps our focus on His, so we can come into   

His presence with thanksgiving and praises in our hearts.

6).     Name the five things David did when he prayed that illustrated his prayer life.

Praise and thanksgiving , Acknowledgement of Dependence, Confession of

God's Promises, Responsiveness to the Leading of the Holy Spirit , and

variety ,  which means petitions, complaints, laments, spiritual warfare,

prophetic  declarations, litanies of God's faithfulness and hymns of praise.

7).     What do praise and thanksgiving means to you?

To me praise and thanksgiving mean honoring, it means paying homage as to
respect, honor, reverence, worship, obeisance, admiration, esteem, adulation, acclaim. Worship God in the highest matter possible.

8).     Do you acknowledge your dependence upon God?

Yes, I do! I have learned down through the years I cannot do anything without the help of God, not even breath. God has revealed to me that He is the very essence of my being.

9).     Do you confess God's promises when you pray?

Yes, I do! I always pray the Word now, which is God's promises to His people.

10).   Do you respond to the leading of the Holy Spirit in your prayer life?

I try to, but I am sure I am not perfect in that area. That is my daily prayer. I call it my daily goal. I want to be led by the Holy Spirit daily!!

11).   Name some of the types and foci of prayers in the Psalms.

I believe the center of interest of prayer is honoring God and giving Him praise of Who He is.

12).   What does (Ephesians 6:18) says about prayer?

"Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; I believe it means to set aside some time to seek God through the Holy Spirit, so the Holy Spirit can pray through you; prayer, supplication, watching and steadfastness in my time with God is needed. We must pray for all Christians.

No comments:

Casting All Your Care Upon Him

Casting All Your Care Upon Him
1 Peter 5:7

Blog Archive